In college I was a Serials librarian, and a lot of my day was spent helping students research and find journal articles. I loved that job and to date I am still that kind of nerd. I approach blogging in a similar way, I try to write posts on issues that have intrigued me, and that I have read up on. I like leaving readers with informative links to new resources or information.
I’m interested in a lot of things, and am easily bored. In the past I have written topic specific blogs, and quickly ran out of steam. So this blog takes care to not have any modus operandi, other than whatever I felt like writing in the moment. To make this blog interesting and readable I’ve made careful use of Categories on this blog. I try to sort my posts when I write them, and resort them on a regular basis.
Things I like to write about:
- Web development: php, css, browsers, Photoshop techniques, css and html validation
- Radical Politics: feminism, anarchy, freedom of speech, anti-war, gentrification, open immigration
- Veganism: recipes, things to buy, thoughts on being vegan
- Pop Culture: random memes, snarking about pop stars, thoughts on patterns and changes in music videos
- Creativity: random blogging on my own creative process
- Daily Nonsense: best described as Daily nonsense
My biases and background that affect my writing:
- I’ve been writing web pages by hand since 1998. I’ve been involved in graphic design, php and mysql, and other areas of web development for about as long. I’m a big supporter of open source software, preserving web anonymity, and my soul has belonged to Apple since 2004.
- I am an Anarchist. I disagree with capitalism and representative democracy. I support forms of governance which are equal, consensus based, and in which the public has direct participation in decision making. Read more about Anarchism.
- I’m a vegan, been vegan for going on four years. So any products or recipes I post reflect my veganism, and any of my opinions involving animal rights do as well. Read more about Veganism.
I love having blogs that I’m friendly with, so if you request a link exchange with me, and I accept it I will be reading all your updates, and commenting when I can. For fairness to blogs I’m closely affiliated with, and those I am not I count them all as equals on my blogroll. As blogs I find awesome would be there whether or we had an agreement to have a link exchange. If you are linked on my site and want to contact me, or would like to be linked on my blogroll e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.